We have supplied market research services to a wide range of clients from global players, such as MSD Animal Health, John Deere and Syngenta to UK interests including CCF cooperative group, RSPCA Freedom Food and the Welsh Assembly Government.
Recent projects have included:
- An investigation of the role of farmer cooperatives in UK
agriculture - farmer attitudes and expectations (2014)
- Research & analysis of the market for farm insurance (2014)
- Research of the international market for feed ingredients amongst
pig and poultry feed manufacturers and integrators (2013)
- An investigation of feeding practices & supplier loyalty amongst
dairy and beef producers (2013)
- Readership research for a livestock farming publication (2012)
- An investigation of the potential market for feed probiotics (2012)
- A survey into farmers' attitudes to the potential benefits of
playing music to livestock (2012) – Read more
- An investigation of quality assurance systems in the fresh meat and
dairy sectors (2012)
- An investigation of market for machinery & equipment in UK grassland
and forage production (2014)
- Analysis of the UK farm market for ATVs (2013)
- Concept test research for new timber harvesting equipment (2011)
- Research to investigate the potential market for new combine
harvester features (2011)
- Research into the potential markets for new herbicide products (2012
- An investigation of the use of cereal plant growth regulators (2012)
- An investigation of weed control & management amongst UK cereal
- An investigation of molluscicide use in the UK (2011)
An investigation of farmer and industry attitudes to a UK farm animal welfare assurance scheme plus research into the benefits of talking and playing music to livestock
In summer 2012, assisting in the development of awareness to RSPCA National Farm Animal Week, Agrifocus surveyed 250 farmers’ views on the benefits of talking or playing music to farm livestock. This light-hearted project captured public attention and was reported widely in the national media.
This followed research conducted in 2009, on behalf of Freedom Food, when Agrifocus delivered a comprehensive analysis of attitudes of members of the RSPCA Freedom Food labelling scheme
There were three research stages: farmer focus groups, a 200 farmer telephone survey plus 28 depth telephone interviews with food industry members (abattoirs, food processing companies & hauliers).
An investigation of farmer expectations and levels of satisfaction with CCF cooperative group
Agrifocus worked with regional farmer cooperative, CCF Ltd. The group wished to develop its understanding of how the organisation and its operations were perceived by member customers. The research took the form of focus groups with dairy farmers in November 2011.
An investigation of flock health management practices in the UK
This project was conducted on behalf of a leading animal health manufacturer and was designed to identify and examine the range of farmer practices with regard to flock health management. The project comprised a series of focus groups in Wales, Scotland and the South West of England. A representative sample of hill, upland and lowland sheep producers took part in the research.